PART TIME STORE MERCHANDISER
We have an immediate need for a Retail Merchandiser at the Brock University Campus Store. Reporting to the Store Director, the main focus of the Store Merchandiser will be in the Clothing and Memorabilia Department from 8:30 – 4:30, Monday to Friday until September with a possibility of extension.
Main Responsibilities :
- In-store execution of program priorities, including: building displays, merchandising new arrivals, organizing displays, recommending new fixtures and/or changes to new areas.
- In-store inventory management, replenishing stock, fixture assembly, etc.
- Relationship Management – building and managing exceptional relationships with retail store management, staff and customers.
- Being a strong ambassador for the Brock Brand.
- Floor sales.
- Suggesting new products to Store Management.
- Ensure that all customer merchandise issues are handled.
- Must have at least 2 - 3 years of Retail experience.
- A Degree in Merchandising is an asset.
- Customer service experience.
- Ability to stand for up to 5 hours at a time, walk, bend, squat, kneel, stretch, reach above shoulders, frequently lift up to 20 lbs to-50 lbs, fine motor control hand movement.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- The position requires the ability to work alone or with a team and the ability to take direction.
- Have computer knowledge of internet, MS office and Database Management software.
- Must be able to multi-task and have a very positive attitude in a very busy retail environment.
- Superior Organizational skills.
- Energetic and confident.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Flexible, able to work under pressure.
- Able to react and take the initiative within policies and procedures.
- Ability to follow directions and demonstrate attention to detail.
- Digital Photography an asset.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in a Microsoft Office .DOC file format, or in a Rich Text Format .RTF, to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 905 685 1472